Saturday, February 27, 2010

Stilettos and women

As I pace the mall crowded with people, seeing women walking in a pair of stilettos is somewhat a common scene to find. They walked with full confidence, and amazing posture. Some wore peep toes, some wore gladiators, some wore pumps. And I would always admire their beauty in a corner, always hoping that one day I had the boldness to wear my peep toe pumps and parade the malls just like the ladies I admired and gave full attention too.

So yesterday was the day my boldness was somewhat found and I decided I shall wear my peep toe pumps and go shopping with my godparents. I pair the peeps toes with a navy blue gap casual long tee and my leather leggings. My peep toes looked good in this outfit. And I thought I looked amazing. And so walking under the scorching heat with this outfit seem ridiculous to many, but as women, or rather ladies, we just don't bother as long as we looked good.

I arrived the mall, I stood out the car, walking straight up with full confidence, but at times a little self-consious. So I did what I always wanted to do in a very long time is to parade the mall in this pair of peep toes. I, like many other ladies were admired by little girls. Little girls who always wanted to be like us when they reached the age of vanity.

However, pain visited me in just two hours time. My ankles was getting tired, and I had cramps on my legs. And I had to put a smile on my face as I wouldnt want to show my aunts and godparents that I was walking in pain. I had to hold on to shelves in shops to rest my legs for a few seconds. It was such a tormenting trip. Yet I refuse to show pain, I refuse to give in to the pain, my ego is never going to be stepped down by this pair of peep toes. I walked, paraded the mall with a great amount of excruciating pain.

I managed to pull through and off we headed into the car. I took off my heels as soon as I stepped in the car. I then had a sudden relief, as if something heavy was off my chest. Relieved was the only vocabulary I could ever think off after that.

No comments: